||Making the Final Decision
Print the Job Bid Comparison Checklist for a handy reference!
- Select which roofing material best compliments your home.
- Select contractor with extreme care. Require license and insurance!
- Plan work when costs will be most competitive, e.g., outside the rainy season.
- Prepare for disruption, noise, sust and debris.
- Confirm the scope of the work to be completed (including clean-up) in writing.
- Understand the critical roof areas and how they will be detailed, e.g., flashings, valleys and vents.
- The contractor should secure all necessary permits.
- Review/understand manufacturer's installation instructions.
- Make yourself accessible to the contractor.
- Do not pay ahead of the material delivery/work progress.
- Get lien releases from all parties, e.g., contractor, material supplier, before final payment.
The Roofing Contractors Association of Southern California encourages you to become fully aware of the potential problems of dealing with an unlicensed, uninsured roofer. For additional information on this subject or for other questions concerning the Roofing Industry, call 714-522-4694.
* To view or print the Job Bid Comparison Checklist, either a PDF Browser Plug-in or Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. If neither of these utilities is installed on your computer, get a free download from Adobe Systems.