Why Does RCASoCal Thrive?
The Roofing Contractors Association of Southern California, Inc. is dedicated to supporting the professional growth of the Roofing Contractor, and assisting the general public with the tools necessary to make knowledgeable and informed contractor selections.
RCASoCal believes in raising the level of professionalism of the Southern California Roofing Industry by keeping our members well-informed and helping them comply with the rules and regulations that affect their businesses, employees, and customers. We strive to foster better working relationships and a more cohesive working environment between contractors, suppliers, and consultants.
Why Roofing Contractors Association of Southern California?
- Advocacy & representation to the regulatory agencies that govern your business
- Quarterly membership meetings keeping you up to speed on issues impacting your business & the industry
- Consultation with RCASoCal legal counsel & construction law specialists
- Networking opportunities with fellow contractors, manufacturers & industry leaders
- Biweekly newsletters with news & topics that matter to you as a contractor, employer & business owner
- 24/7 safety compliance hotline
- Discounted dues for companies with 1-9 employees
- Savings on your dues & purchases with NRCA
- Use of RCASoCal logo in your advertising
- Jim Nienow Golf Tournament success for nearly 30 years, with many tournaments sold out
- $180,000 awarded in student scholarships in past 7 years to students affiliated with RCASoCal
- Project Reroof community work
RCASoCal Annual Christmas Party
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
RCASoCal Annual Christmas Party
Reception 6:00 p.m. • Dinner 7:00 p.m.
Old Ranch Country Club, 3901 Lampson Avenue, Seal Beach
Food | Music | Raffle | Christmas Photos | Fun
Keeping Tradition: 27th Annual Jim Nienow Golf Tournament
by Julie Cisneros, RCASoCal Executive Director
This year we moved our typical Monday tournament to a Tuesday and returned to our favorite location, Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, for our Annual Jim Nienow Golf Tournament.
The morning began with overcast skies and the temperature a humid 65 degrees. An annual tradition, committee members met to assemble bags and set up registration areas. But it didn’t take long to see mother nature wasn’t going to cooperate with us as we started the day, as grey clouds and rain began rolling in. After a bit of a scramble, we managed to find another area to arrange registration near the covered patios.
Needless to say, the initial weather frenzy wasn’t exactly in our plans, especially since we secured The Laker Girls as tournament guests for the first time!
Bill Bauer and Ross Riddle checked in golfers, who made their way through the line and were greeted by President Lang and Brandon Riddle selling tickets for our scholarship fund. Every participant was also greeted by the official Los Angeles Lakers cheerleaders! Our loyal and returning Prime Sponsor CERTAINTEED made sure each attendee received a hefty bag full of personalized items such as hats and golf balls. WESTERN COLLOID hosted the continental breakfast with personalized coffee cups and warm, fresh Dunkin’ Donuts.
Meanwhile, the 9th Annual Don Banks Putting Contest was underway with Julio Gonzalez of CHAPMAN COAST ROOF who coordinated the event just like Don would – with a smoky cigar in hand!